Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Cook's "Light On" released

Today was the day we finally got to hear David Cook's first single from his yet-untitled debut album, dropping in stores (reportedly) on November 18th. I rushed home from my PTA meeting and played it three times (you can play it HERE) and am contemplating my feelings about it...

...I'm certainly in the "like it" camp, although not jumping on the "love it" bandwagon....my fellow blogger at USA Today called it "Daughtry Lite" and I have to agree with that....I think it's catchy, and pleasant, but maybe not as standout-ty as I thought it might be....but I'm sure that will change as the tune grows on me.

What surprises me is how much I like David Archuleta's "Crush" as a single...and now with the video to enhance the story, it's even better.
And DC is entirely too pretty in this picture! What do you think of the song? And the picture? :)

No comments: