Wednesday, September 3, 2008

David Cook Meets the Big O

That would be Oprah, natch! I was sitting at my desk at work today, feeling just a little _different_ without knowing exactly why....but the air seemed different. Just then I skipped over to my favorite AI blog (thanks again, MJ!) only to learn that David Cook was in my fair city today taping the season opener for Oprah's talk show, set to air on Monday, Sept 8th! Set your TiVo! She is helping Chicago with it's bid to host the 2016 summer Olympics and kicking off the 23rd season of her syndicated talk show -- convened an Olympic-themed stage down at beautiful and impressive Millennium Park complete with 150 Olympians she reportedly flew in from all over the country, just for this occasion....and added David Cook to sing "Time of My Life" live on stage (acoustic, I'm told) as the athletes filed offstage at the end of the taping.....and WHY was I sitting at work???

Just then my cell phone rang, and it was two dear friends, out of breath telling me they had just high-fived Micheal Phelps, Shawn Johnson and Dara Torres....along with the entire men's water polo team! Calling from Millennium Park, thinking of Idolmama! Now, that's some good friends right there.

I would put a photo of David here but I haven't found one yet!
(ETA: I found this photo at mjsbigblog.com, it's Nastia Liukin and DC in Chicago at the Oprah taping....great, huh? Thanks, MJ!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hard working Idol Mama didn't get to mingle with the Olympians! :*((
They have no idea what they were missing out on!
Love you!
Kath