Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Golly Gee, It's Salt Lake City

I thoroughly enjoyed tonight's audition show --Shiny! Happy! People! -- but did find myself wishing for auditions to be over....kinda tired of the whole thing, and ready for bed. So tonight's post will be a bit short. And I've already read that Puerto Rico was a "huge disappointment" so maybe I'll wash my hair tomorrow?! LOL, no chance :)

The Osmond audition at the top of the hour was a great show-opener, although I'm wondering why Donny (or Marie) don't just pony up the cash for David to cut a demo??? Why the parading in front of Idol? I thought his voice was terrific and didn't understand why they weren't kinder to him....he won't last past Hollywood, that was clear. But I was reminded that the Osmond name was King in the 70's... and not today. There isn't an Osmond out there with a Billboard-charting single that I'm aware of.....

Other than him, only a couple of other contestants stood out, and not because I think they are Top 12 material. We had back-to-back young moms in Frankie Jordan and Meghan Corkrey, and both were infectious contestants...and the final story with Rose Fleck was heartbreaking. But these ladies will have to Bring It to Hollywood to earn my vote for singing (they already have it for just being them).

On to the last of AI8 auditions...

No comments: