Wednesday, April 1, 2009

And Then There Were Eight...

It wasn't a surprise that Megan "Kristy Lee" Joy finally flew the coop tonight but they sure drug out the suspense, no? That old "three groups of three" trick....making us think that one of the groups of 3 was the bottom three....ha. Those stinkers at Idol, always one step ahead. LOL

Admission: skipped the Ford "video". Was it good? Also FF through the group number. No offense to Journey, but I have to draw the line.

I must take serious offense at Allison in the B3. There is no way this should have happened, and I can only reason that Allison's appearance on the Silver Stool is an attempt to bolster her votes to keep her on the show. Allison is one of the top 3 talents this year, for sure.

Admission: I love David Cook. I know he looked really tired, and his eyes were so droopy it looked like he was going to fall asleep at any minute while singing, but then I spotted his Mom in the audience singing along, and it was all worthwhile. And by the time the song was finished, I was in full Cook Mode. Yeah, baby.

(Jason Castro in the house! Sitting next to and chatting with Alexis Grace! Cool....Idol seasonal cross-pollination!)

I also should add that I have concluded that Kris Allen is the most talented contestant on Idol this season. He may not have the "currency" of Adam, or the stage presence and charisma of Danny, but he is more talented musically than either of them. Can he overcome the extreme pimping of other contestants....and use his talents to make us forget the fact that he is married -- GASP-- and make it all the way to the finale? I shudder at a Kris vs. Adam finale, since it would be a head-to-head like no other....but I can see how the producers would love this match-up and would start planning for it now.

Okay, back to tonight's show. Anoop seemed to sense that it was his night and graciously accepted it...but he gets another week at the mansion and a chance to sing a song for us from the Year He Was Born (which is sometime around 1988, I'm guessing, meaning I'm WAY older than him and could probably make a few song suggestions!). Meanwhile, lovely Megan had a GREAT time dancing all over that Idol stage on her way out, watching her video montage (which was really, really well done, kudos to the video peeps!) and will soon be holding her precious boy and at the same time planning child care for the boy during the long summer tour. Okay, I'm a mom! Worry about these things.....
Job well done, Megan!
On to next week....any suggestions for songs? Would love to hear them!

2 comments:

dear friend said...

Spoiler alert: I am back to ranting!!

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Megan soooo wanted to leave the show to get home that she sabotaged herself? I mean as much as I really like her, this week's performance was horrendous. And it seemed to me that she was rooting for her own demise yesterday.

Too bad. Had she taken this more seriously, she could have lasted long enough to give herself an opportunity at a humble career in the business. Ten or 20 years from now she will look back and say, damn, I had the world in the palm of my hand and let it slip away.

I must admit to having a strong prejudice against those who lose all ambition when they get an opportunity like this. Megan can now join the Jason Castro club of losers! Sorry (can you ever hear that word again without thinking of how Simon says it!), but that is my humble opinion. And God bless him for putting her in her place at the end. She deserved it!!

Idolmama said...

Ah, the folly of youth. Youth is wasted on the young, no?! :) And I disagree about your Castro reference....