Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Dear Kelly, Since U been gone....well...

Tonight's Idol auditions from Dallas, Texas were a bit of a snoozer for me. I mean, I'm easy and all....but I found myself a bit bored. First of all, too much screen time on the American Roller Coaster Enthusiast, the 19yo virgin and the coming of Saint Simon....although that last scene had me ROTFLMAO.

We'll start with the show starter, the Meth Mom Jessica...I thought she was sweet, and could sing pretty well, but clearly her backstory made a Dallas-sized impression. I think she will be eaten alive in Hollywood, but I do wish her the best. Other strong auditions tonight were from Alaina (AKA Carrie 2.0), Pia the model and singer from Chicago, and Kady from Houston (Simon pronounced her "the best we'd heard all season so far"). As far as guys/men were concerned, Colton the Cowboy was pretty cute and I can see the whole Randy Travis thing, but I think he slipped through....he'd better impress come Hollywood. Also slipping through on a split vote was Drew the Cowboy...again, his winning personality and boyish charm got him through cuz Hollywood won't be so nice....can't believe they gave the the bag o' fingernails (ick) the Golden Ticket (he did kind of remind me a wee bit of Elliot, tho!) and are sending Kaila, who has recovered from a devastating car accident. Lots of energy (and a cool Survivor buff!) but again, Hollywood will eat her up....but she'll get to go, and that's loverly. Lots of good will tonight. More good will, less talent. Has Simon (and crew)'s hearts grown three sizes bigger, after all?

Have, Have, Have to mention tonight's song montage....Since U Been Gone I HOPE brings a smile to Kelly's face when she watches. As we say in this house, who would have thunk...what a tremendous honor to have people botch your song! At least it means they are listening!

Other funny highlights were Ryan's response to Key-To-My-Heart's Dad who suggested that Ryan would watch out for him if he got to Hollywood: "You don't want that. " Also the elevator music that accompanied chick with no emotion or facial expression whatsoever ..and "No to the Speedo!"

And another episode from Fox's First Dysfunctional Family concludes...tune in next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So well done Idolmama! I missed most of night 2, but caught just enough of the end to wonder if "You Are My Brother" will ever rear it's ugly head again. Something tells me it will, and that we haven't seen the last of Birdman! And Paula.. wow, she can dance to just 'bout anything. NOT!