Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Miami Sound Machine?

I'm surprised that only 17 Hollywood tickets were handed out in Miami tonight, compared with last evening's 19 from the nation's midsection (Omaha)....I mean, everyone looked fabulous! The weather was great! Beaches were beautiful! Guess it's a stereotype thing I'm working on...and Simon calling Paula's dress "slutty" before the hour even got underway just didn't help ...but I was just glad to see she was lucid and back to work! Yeah!

The meat-market-working belcher just got me going.....I have to hand it to her, cause if that was MY parent's business, and I was 18 years old, I'd have to take a pass...kudos to her for helping Mom and Dad out, and you could tell they loved her...that's what it's all about, right? Liked the sparkle black beanie and hot pink wristguard....girl's got some flair.

Move, over, Constantine! Here comes Robbie :) I really liked your black beanie-wearing self, with poppers and silly string to celebrate. I like that your entire family was there to cheer for you, and your 3rd grade class, too. I think you are Bo Bice and Ace Young rolled into one and can't wait to see what comes next for you!

Similarly, the Corlisse and Britney duo were just adorable and despite not having stellar pipes, showed the power of personality....the lovefest they showed the judges (and were shown them) was fun to see (Simon's prescription of Happy Juice has not yet run out!)

Why did they let that Venezuelan loverguy give Paula hugs and kisses (and let him through??) I'm surprised Corey Clark didn't pretty much stop all that....

Single mom Suzanne Toon makes it through (is that a coincidence?) as does Ramiele, AKA Jasmine Trias 2.0. Simon thought she was a hotel singer, but Paula liked her a lot, and so did we in this house...we liked Syeshe, too, and thought her rendition of "Think"reminded us of Nadia Turner...Nataysha (?) and Ilsy (?) followed rapidly...(sorry for the spelling if you are reading!) and the show ended with some VERY BAD SINGERS.

Now, this is going to sound itchy, BUT the star search chick? That was pretty gratifying that she was turned away. Does the word ENTITLED mean anything to you? I am going to call her Precocious Pricilla....I do think she had a reasonable voice, MAYBE, but we couldn't get to it under all of that make up, posturing, and attitude. I thought to myself, had this girl walked in, fresh-faced without any pretense, and just sang a simple song....she might have made it through and actually turned into something.....good news is that she is only 16 and has her entire life and career ahead of her....she needs to completely recover from her brush with fame, though, if she wants to have any sort of career forward...the 12 year old we saw on film bore NO resemblance to what we got in the audition, no?

Okay....I might be tiring of auditions.....eek! Did I say that out loud?

No comments: