Thursday, May 22, 2008

Where Do We Go From Here?

I've been abuzz all day thanks to David Cook. I still can't get over the fact that he won. I truly can't wait to see what the future holds for him, and for Archuleta as well, and frankly, for any one of 'em who wants it....

I intended to post my thoughts on last night's show in more detail, but by now it seems old news. There are lots of reviews/recaps out there in case you missed it....sorry if you did! I loved the show, every minute, even the bad parts. But that's just me! :) I thought it showcased the music and did a nice job with the finalists and their performances. Was it the goose bump-inducing finale of Kelly, or Fantasia, or Carrie? No, in all fairness, it wasn't....but it was heartfelt all the same....and I loved it. For me? I would like to see an all-Idol-finalists finale with no stars/celebs....give these folks a final minute in the sun.

I am more impressed with David Cook today than I was going into the finale, and I was already impressed. Every interview, every newspiece I read on him today makes me like him more and more. My SIL brought me a copy of a mag from her mani pedi today from several weeks ago with an article on Cook explaining why he wears those plastic orange bracelets. He wears one for a 7-year-old girl he met at the very beginning of the season who is battling cancer. I saw that Jordin was wearing one, too. This is the kind of guy we just elected Mayor of Idolville. And I approve!

I've spoken to many of you today, by phone, by email, by text: Yes, the season is really over. I understand that you are worried about me. Worried that I might go and drive off a cliff now that my beloved Idol has concluded. Well, have no fear! I will pick up the pieces, and there are a few things that will help ease my Idol Jones this summer:

So You Think You Can Dance? I can't recommend this show enough. Yes, I agree that Mary Murphy can be a bit irritating with that horrible screaming, but really, if you like Idol, you'll like this show for all of the same reasons, and maybe a few more. In fact, a read an article last week (that if I were better organized I would link) but it basically said that SYTYCD actually is a better show, and could stand to lend a few features to Idol for a change. You'll get to spend the summer with Nigel Lythgoe (which does allow you to get to know him better , he's quite a cat), and speaking of cats, you'll love Cat Deeley, SYTYCD's hostess with the mostess, and you'll learn the difference between a samba and a rumba, all while cheering on your favorite young dancers.

The Idol Tour: I'm SOOO glad I bought my tickets. Just knowing the gang will be in town on July 19th makes me happy. This will be the 3rd tour I've caught, with my tweener, only this time around we're taking the Little Brother (age 8) for his first real arena show. He's stoked. Tickets aren't the greatest (brokers got the best, dagnabbit) but we'll be there, lighters in hand (if they still permit those),singing and swaybot waving and all that. Can't wait. If only my new BFF Gina Glocksen could score me some backstage passes.....Gina....are you there???)

Debut CDs: I know it probably won't be until December at the earliest, but that will come around before we know it....and we'll have the opportunity to see just how the Davids have expressed themselves.

This blog! Someone asked me, so now that Idol is over, what will you write about? Hmmfftph. Idol, of course! I started this blog in July 2007 when Season 7 was a full 6 months away and never had a shortage of Idol-related things to write about. There is more Idol news than ever, and I intend to bring and discuss! Bookmark me and check back often! I also want to take some time to update the blog...it's a learning opportunity for me that I've not had the chance to fully explore.

Peace out for Season 7! And thanks for reading.....

No comments: