Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Word Nerd Is Idol Champ

David Cook, the self-professed "word nerd" has taken the crown of Season 7's American Idol. I'm still in somewhat of a shock over it....worried about what it means for Cookie, and more importantly what it means for runner-up David Archuleta. I've got visions of dank basements and chains and screaming and .....oh, this is a G-rated blog.

Wow! I loved tonight's finale.....it didn't seem to have the flash factor of other seasons, or the big-bucks-no-whammies feel, but it was very, very nice. I thought it really showcased the finalists, brought humor and tremendous stars, and invited past Idols who delivered great performances.

Tonight's show was filled with amazing moments (my favs being the duet with Graham Nash and Brooke White, and the Archie sing-along with One Republic), but I also really loved the easily-missed clip of Blake Lewis singing along, word-for-word, to Jordin's "One Step At A Time"....classy. After Gladys, Carrie and George took the stage, and with Simon's apology to Cook, it was all but done.

Gotta get to bed, but a more extended review/commentary to follow...

No comments: