Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Babbling Brooke

I can't say I'm surprised this week by the exit of America's favorite (former) nanny Brooke White, because it was down to the ladies and either one could have gone, but I've caught flak ALL DAY about my affection for Jason (okay, it's true! I just want to slip him into my pocket...) and now it will just be worse since many think it's unfair that he wasn't in the bottom tonight based on last night's performances.

Remember, folks: THIS (imagine dramatic pause) is American Idol.

Do you agree that the 'spaining for PaulaGate was a little inadequate? "She's part of the family, and we love her".....hhhmmm.....okay, sure, that clears things up!

Neil Diamond -- much success on your new tour. Natasha -- consider the Prom with Archie, I'll bet you'd have fun!

To Simon's 9-year-old crush 40-something years ago who thinks she has "aged well" : BALLSY to use the call-in feature to touch base with him. Had you tried Google and couldn't connect? Whatever.

Brooke, you endeared yourself to millions of Americans and did yourself proud on one of our toughest stages. Have a good night's sleep, and enjoy what comes! See you on tour!






3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with your 'dear friend' Idolmama... Not sure why the soft spot for just-average-Jason. Can't find anything extraordinary about him. Is the hair that's got you? ..or... bet it's those baby-blues. Ya learn something new about a person every day :)

Ryan's explanation of the media's reaction to Paula's fumble, ONLY brought more attention to it (if you ask me)... now I'm all over the internet trying to read what Ryan said is out there :0

PS Didn't think it possible to make a Neil Diamond song sound current and palatable, AND leave you wanting more. Thank you David Cook!

Unknown said...

Question for you, the all-knowing Idolmama.... Any idea what the top 10 get paid to go on tour? What about currently.. is there any compensation for them at this point? Imagine the tour portion can be long and painful for a rising star like David Cook... but a real ble$$ing for those left further behind.

Idolmama said...

I've read somewhere that the tour salary is in the 6-figure range. I don't think they get any compensation for appearing on the show, but get a $400 weekly clothing and shoe allowance and get to keep everything.

Agreed that the tour $$ will do more for Ramiele than Cook, for example, but as I recall, past winners and top finishers (Carrie, Blake, Jordin) used breaks in the tour to jump on a plane and record...so they git 'er done!