Wednesday, April 23, 2008

slan leat Carly...

(That's Irish Gaelic for goodbye to someone who is leaving) ....I say, hoist your pint o' Guinness to Carly! Job well done! "Superstar" was her best performance (and dress!) to date in my opinion (leave yours to the right in my latest poll), and as I've written here before, she has looked prettier and more relaxed the last few weeks. Her words tonight about her song choices being about showcasing her voice and not about having fun were sad....what would we have heard had she made this decision earlier? I thought her exit was full of grace and her composure on what was a very difficult night showed her maturity and sensibility. You done good, Carly! See you on tour!

OMG

Okay, I'll come out with it. Floating my conspiracy theory right here and now, since Carly gives me another data point: Married doesn't work with Idol. Micheal Johns had the package, but he was Married. My proposition: Married isn't SEXY when you are Idol, and you are trying to sell records and promote concerts and appearances and sell key chains and posters and such. Not only did NOT being American count against her, but Carly was also Married. (Brooke is Married, too....in the end that will hurt her.) I think this is the most Married final group we've ever seen. We know favorite Archie is single and other favorite David Cook did the Idol franchise the biggest favor ever by looking directly into the camera a couple of weeks ago and declaring himself single....Idol went Cha Ching all the way to the bank on that one! Daughtry was Married....I'm just keeping it real...note to John Q. Public: Audition when you are single!

I'm actually not looking forward to Neil Diamond. And I'm a good sport, haven't said that about many (any?) Idol episodes. So I'm hoping he proves me wrong! And just for fun, I'll link an interesting article here....fellow blogger IdolHead Ed puts forth a revisionist Idol headline about Carly.....very interesting....what do you think?

2 comments:

L. said...

I am all over your marriage conspiracy theory! And I partially agree with your colleague's take on Carly Smithson...she would have fit in nicely with the Season 5 cast who seemed to have much more personality and spunk than any season before or after. But Carly is a screamer and at times an angry screamer. I don't think she would have gone as far as Idolhead Ed thinks. But, then again, she was younger, thinner and tattoo-less. Hmm. But I wish Carly the best and hope she has a successful career.

Idolmama said...

I did notice Carly yapping it up with Seacrest all during Syesha's performance, did you see that? I know you are in shock to be in the bottom, but hey -- show your roomie some respect!

In the words of Stephanie Tanner from Full House, "How rude!"

Stay tuned for more Idol conspiracy theories...I'm rounding them up!