Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Kristy Lee Gone

Well, a cat only has 9 lives after all, and Kristy Lee Cook ran out of hers tonight. The favorite in the Bottom 3 for how many weeks running? finally bid adieu to American Idol. It was a tense couple of moments for viewers as she stood next to her Final 2 partner, Brooke, as we were all thinking, "Well, the improbable happened last week, Michael Johns left!" but yep, Kristy Lee, she gone.

My only question is, will we be seeing her this time next year at the CMT awards winning big like Kellie Picker? We very well may! Stranger things have happened....KLC, as you said yourself tonight, you made the Top 10! For all that has gone on this season, you have done very well and can be proud. You were actually growing on me! And girl, we will see you on tour!

As for the rest of the show, have you voted in the songwriting competition? I haven't. I don't know why, maybe it's because last year's song was pretty dull....I know, not fair of me at all, but just keeping it real....maybe I'll check it out when I have a working-mom-of-three nanosecond.

Back to the show. I HATE the split-the-group elimination method, and if they make the 7th contestant choose....I might .....might.....

Course, that is what happens! Jason (goes left), David Cook (goes right)(and course, you wanna be in DC's group), Carly (goes left), then KLC goes right.....now we know, total fake out. You can see the look of relief in her eyes standing next to David Cook....Idol is more evil than I imagined.

I LOVE Elliot, and this is one of my favorite tracks on his CD, and what a perfect number to perform tonight. It must be the key they are in, but it's all much lower than on the CD, and he seems to struggle a bit until about 3/4 through the song when it all kicks in. I hope Simon was thinking, wow! This guy shoulda won! Cause he shouldha! I'm a little thrown off by his "We Miss U Mom"on the hand, only because it's a DC copycat....and a little self-indulgent, as Simon might say. I give Elliot the latitude to mourn his Mom, absolutely, and to tribute and love her however he needs, but it was a little weird for me, that's all, just keeping it real.

Syesha (left, in the notgood group) and Brooke goes right (and hasn't anyone told her to stop talking back? obviously not). Then Archie comes out, he's safe, then he is asked to (duh!) pick which group to join and he does the thing wise Idol wannabees do and sits down.

Phone calls! Totally lame, as usual (can you say FILLER) although having David Cook announce (directly into the camera, no less) that he is, indeed, single was worth all of Fox's advertising this hour in revenue they will generate from sales of his music. Not going to comment on KLC's horse story, which we talk about AGAIN.

On to Mariah's performance...actually, this was a nice song. I enjoyed it, other than the fact that I was distracted not only by her chihuahuas but also her microscopically short skirt...don't bend over! Mariah may have left the Diva at home yesterday when she coached the Idols, but trust me....the Diva showed up tonight. Hugging Ryan and telling him "Thank you, Dahl-ing" was just the beginning. Still, overall, Mariah as mentor = A from me!

KLC's final performance was one I will remember, and maybe the most notable exit performance in recent memory....course, KLC's song lyrics lent themselves perfectly, but to watch her sit on the judges table and deliver those words to Simon & Co. was priceless. You go, girl!

Now we have an even three guys and gals! On to Broadway week!

No comments: