Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Bye Ramiele!

Tonight's results show was a real roller coaster, huh? The bottom three were predictable enough, but the emotions were running high, from Simon's apologies to Brooke's tears to homeless sisters being reunited in Africa....WOW. I'm still coming down from it all. I'm also still giggling from that opening group number, the best in recent memory! "9 to 5" looked like everyone was enjoying themselves, but especially Jason Castro ....his over-the-top moves were memorable. Watch it back if you have to. Did you see the fancy footwork the Idols did? Probably practiced that for hours. Look for this number on tour this summer....it will be a crowd pleaser! Also, if anyone knows where I can get a t-shirt of Dolly like the one MJ wore, let me know...that was entirely classic!

Loved the catch up pieces on Bucky, Phil and Bo. Glad to see real people making post-Idol names for themselves, and looking like they enjoy and appreciate it! And given that each of these former Idols did not win, I think it's important to keep reminding today's crop that there is, indeed, Life After Idol....we know that, but good to see it again. These are three talented guys and I'm happy for them! Ramiele could be up there one year from now, promoting her new CD....or not.

Dolly's performance of her new single "Jesus and Gravity" was everything I wanted, and more. Was she pitch-perfect, with stellar dance moves and the right outfit? Nope....but I tell ya, Dolly rules. The tune was quite catchy, with beautiful chord progression and melody, and the choir was a nice touch. I understand if it's not your "thing" but I admire her for putting it out there! I can't believe the dish she has gotten on the Internet about her Idol stint....PEOPLE.....she is the Jen-You-Wine article who is not only a prolific songwriter, but also an artist who has stayed true to herself...her banter with Ryan and Simon was priceless, and it's clear she's not about to stop doing what she's doing ...and I, for one, am glad!

On to the elimination...as I said, the bottom three were predictable...as was the result, thank goodness. With Brooke declared safe, I didn't care which of the two remaining actually left. Again, I say, does KLC have the record for Most Trips To The Bottom Three Without Being Eliminated?? She must, goshdarnit.
Ramiele....best of luck to you! You are a talented singer ....see you on tour!

No comments: