Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bye Chikezie!

Dear Chikezie,

I had a feeling this night would come, and sooner rather than later. You looked a little nervous standing next to Syesha, and I felt your pain! That must be a difficult moment to experience. But, you made it through and sang your song with class and heart.

I loved how you reached out to the audience (boo, Simon) and to your colleagues safe on the couch. I loved watching your Mom freak out with pride just listening to you. I enjoyed watching the film clips of your Idol journey, especially when Ryan rubbed your sweaty head. That was a moment, wasn't it?

I'm sure you are wondering (just like the rest of us) how Kristy Lee escaped yet ANOTHER trip to the Bottom Three, and you're probably wishing you'd have pulled something patriotic out of a hat, too.....but I'm glad you didn't. I love Luther and love the way you brought his music to the Idol stage and to an audience who probably didn't know who he was (yes, I'm dating myself here). You're also probably wondering how Ramiele managed to survive performing first (the spot of vote-off death) and being sick doing it....we're wondering that, too. You might also be asking yourself, why didn't I ever get an awesome light show? That seems to help people get votes. I'm asking myself those questions for you.

At least you leave tonight (unlike Amanda did last week) knowing that you've earned a couple of months off, of sleeping in and lazy lunches...and that when you are good and rested, the Idol Tour awaits you, with it's cross country excitement and big fat paycheck!

Best to you in all you do! You done good. We'll see you on tour!

Love, Idolmama

No comments: