Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Top 12 Revealed!

Tonight opened with the promise of revealing this season's Top 12 contestants, and on that, it did deliver. But did it deliver shock, awe, and entertainment? I don't think so.

First off, with all due respect to you Blake fans, did ANY of you watch tonight's performance and say to yourself, now there goes a Big Star? No.....would he have even been asked to do the Super Bowl performance? Doubtful....check out Jordin's latest music video for the hit single "No Air" with Chris Brown and get back to me....THAT is a star in the making.

On to the Top 12 (and what have to be THE most shiny but uncomfortable looking chairs Ev-Ver), we move along to the part in the show where Ryan compliments Paula on her #1 download or single (or something like that) and Simon admits that he "can't" congratulate her.....WHAH??!! I don't get that. Are you taking lessons from Amanda on how-not-to-emote??? Cruella de Simon if you ask me.

On to the eliminations.....ouch....this is the second-toughest elimination in the series (third being to Top 24, first being from Top 12 to Top 10 since you don't get to go on tour and make all kinds of $$). We knew that Luke and Kady were history, so those eliminations were no surprise (although I must add that Luke's biceps were exceptionally large tonight....for whatever reason...I must just make a note of that, and also how graciously he handled his inevitable exit). On the male side, I think Danny was surprised at his outster, and his exit kind of underscored for me how unstable he is....even though I was voting for Chikezie to go, I think Danny showed me tonight that he was the right choice to exit the show. Best of luck to you!

On the girl's side, as I said, Kady.......bye! Do you still have time this year to make your senior prom? Hope so, since no girl should miss that. I wasn't that upset about the final bottom gal match up of Asia'h and Kristy since I could see them both going, but must admit that of this pair, I really thought Kristy should go....which is why I was surprised when Asia'h left. She surely made her emo mark on this season's competition, and I do think she is talented but choosing that dreaded Whitney song was her downfall. Kristy got a free pass this week but might be next to go if she doesn't step up. Do you want to go on a nationwide tour, have a blast and make a household name and lots of money for yourself? If so, choose your song wisely, and if you're listening to the judges at ALL, make it country, girl!

On to next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey idol mama. as always nice recap! I must admit my delight at the sight of the little narcissist Danny increduously absorbing that he was actually being voted off. It was sucha guilty (and a bit mean) pleasure for me.. but it was a pleasure indeed.